At Home with the Heitmans!

At Home with the Heitmans!
Our First Home!

Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm a blogger!

Well, the blog is up! How exciting! First of all I wanted to thank everyone for keeping Justin and me in your thoughts and prayers. The first few weeks have gone by so much quicker thanks to the love and support of our family and friends, so thanks to each one of you. In my posts I plan on giving quick updates on how we both are doing, feel free to leave comments/questions/suggestions because I am definitely learning as I go!

The Mr.
Justin is doing very well; they are keeping him super busy on the boat. They are moving quite quickly, faster than I thought for sure! He has been flying a lot and going to lots of meetings to get him ready. He has kept his positive attitude throughout the whole thing and is starting to get used to life on a carrier. He has been doing lots of carrier landings- day and night along with other flights. He doesn't have much free time but when he does he is watching movies, playing games and sleeping. He is living in a six-man room so there is always something going on! Every night they have a movie playing and make popcorn for snacking in their ready room which is something for them all to look forward to. Justin has received emails from so many people and is thankful to you all. He has tried to respond to everyone at least once but is starting to get pretty busy! Keep the emails coming though! Also, if you would like to send mail to Justin please address it to:

LTJG Justin Heitman

VFA-103

UNIT 60127

FPO AE 09504-6117

Please send via USPS only.


If you would like to send Justin a care package the USPS has a program for military family members and friends to supply them with packaging materials to send packages to troops overseas. If you call 1-800-610-8734 and select option # 1, Ask them for the "Military pack" they will send you boxes, tape, packaging materials and labels. They will also give you an I.D. number so if your supply runs low, you just call them up and they'll send you more supplies. The materials take about four to ten days to receive. Also, by clicking on the link below you can get up to 25 free 12"x12"boxes mailed to you from the USPS. The standard shipping price is $12.95 no matter how much it weighs.

The Mrs.
I am doing very well too! I feel like Justin has been gone for more than 2.5 weeks but I am coping well. The people here are so great, someone is always planning a get together! I was lucky enough to have an amazing sister that took a week off of work and came to visit me right after Justin left! The picture to the right is from a girl's night that we had while Ash was here!
We went shopping, made dinner, went out to eat and hung out, a perfect sister trip! I was so glad that she got to see our new house and get to meet some of my friends here in Norfolk! I have weekly dinners with some girls in our wives club. The host cooks the main course and well and bring an appetizer, side, dessert or wine. Somehow we always run out of dessert and wine! Figures! Next week I will be hosting, I am making Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni, yum! This week was restaurant week in Virginia Beach so I went to dinner with a couple of girls last night. The picture below is from dinner- Cari, Ashely, me and Lindsay. Cari's husband is in Justin's squadron, Ashley's husband is still in the training command but is flying 2-seaters so we are hoping he gets the Jolly Rogers and Lindsay's husband is on the carrier that is currently in Haiti. It was a great girl's night; good food and great friends! I am so lucky to have them!

I start my new job on Monday and am really excited! I will be the Marketing Manager of an insurance company in Virginia Beach and will be their sole marketing department. I am going to build a marketing plan and everything from the ground-up but it is a challenge I am ready to take on! Since Justin is gone, it will keep me really busy! That's pretty much everything that is going on here now. Please keep the rest of the men and women on the carrier as well as everyone in Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Danielle,
    Just going to throw this out there for you to answer at your convenience...
    What is it that you think we might be able to send to Justin and his 5 "roomies" that they might enjoy or get some use out of?? If we send homemade goodies, would that be a waste of time based on the mail?? Any suggestions from the "animal house" (which I'll call his stateroom from now on)??
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danielle. Just set up Grandma and Grandpa with a Gmail account, so now they can stay up with the blog. Hope you have a nice day at work. Dad

    ReplyDelete